I feel tech articles can often be a little on the dry side so we are going to spice things up with an analogy. Now, the purpose of web hosting is to connect your clients with your company’s website. Hosting is taking your clients from A to B similar to how a taxi takes clients from one place to another. Today your hosting provider is going to be a taxicab.
HOW COULD THE WRONG HOSTING HURT MY BUSINESS?
- Security and Malware Attacks – Cars come with all sorts of security features. You can have standard locks, security alarms, and even GPS. You wouldn’t want someone hijacking your cab and you definitely don’t want a stranger to have access to your site. These hijackers are trying to dirrect traffic to their site and they do so by taking control of other sites. You’ve seen the Viagra ads that look out of place or the random text links that look like they don’t belong in the design. These are all examples of malware. Malware can be a direct result of the lack of web hosting security.
- Backups – Although there isn’t a perfect solution to keep your cabbie completely safe, you need to ensure your data is constantly being backed up. Think of this like having a replacement cab on hand incase anything were to happen to your main ride. These backups will allow you to get everything back up and running.
- Downtime – Any time your website is down is time you could be collecting leads. Like a broken down cab, if your website consistently goes down then you are consistently losing out on business.
- Negative Impact on your SEO Ranking – Every business in your industry wants to rank well on Google and other popular search engines. Search engines are constantly scouting through websites and if your website is frequently down, then your ranking will be affected. Think about it, if your taxi is constantly having issues then your clients aren’t going to refer their friends to your service. In the same way Google doesn’t want to direct users to a site that is frequently having issues.
WHO SHOULD I TRUST TO HOST MY WEBSITE?
We have been hosting websites for years and we understand the importance of your web hosting. We have always taken the necessary steps to ensure our clients’ data is secure while operating as efficient as possible. Here are a few reasons why we suggest hosting through us.
- Support – You have had those hour-long conversations when you call the 1-800 numbers. When you call us, you aren’t going to get a machine asking you all sorts of questions. When you call us, you are going to get our experienced support staff that will be there to assist you with all of your needs.
- Security – We offer top-tier security to prevent malware from creeping onto website. We are constantly scanning our servers for any form of intrusion to protect your data.
- Backups – Our servers are constantly backing up data so that our clients can focus on what they do best.
- Ability to Scale – We host a variety of websites ranging from small business websites to e-commerce websites that handle transactions on an ongoing basis.
- Uptime – We firmly believe that the best indication of future performance is to look at past performance. With that said, we are proud to say that we have a track record of 99% uptime. We can assure you that you won’t have any search engine issues related to your downtime.
STILL NOT SOLD?
We believe our web hosting is an unparalleled service. If you still have questions about our hosting, don’t hesitate to contact us and we would be happy to help answer your questions.